So the big day came that we were going to tell the parents about the latest development in my belly! We were all going out to celebrate my mom's birthday at PPQ and little did she know that there was another suprise in store. Over the weeks prior I had been contemplating how to tell them. And after much suggestions (thanks Michelle!) I decided to do the one that would be least difficult to pull off. So here is how it was to go down....
1)give Les or Steve the bib that said "I'm going to be big cousin" to put on Ryan
2) place Ryan in a spot where the parents could see it
3) wait for their reaction
this is how it really went down:
1) went with Les as she took Ryan to change his diaper and put on the bib
2) carry him out and handed him to Steve
3) Steve asks my dad if he wants to hold Ryan
4) Dad holds Ryan and fiddles with the bib
(no one is noticing and I'm starting to cry from holding back my laughter)
5) Steve asks if they like his new bib
6) my mom reads the bib and then gets this look on her face (wish I had been able to capture but basically its a cross between when you smell something bad and confusion)
7) my mom gets a huge smile on her face and says "do you have something to tell us?"
8) I say yes, I'm pregnant!
9) my mom grabs Ray's mom an both are hugging and smiling and my dad is grinning from ear to ear.
10) Ryan starts to cry because of all the loud noise.
****************************************************************************************
cost of the 10 pack of bibs: $9.99
cost of the iron-on paper: $24.99
the look on our parents faces when we tell them they're going to be grandparents: PRICELESS.
Priceless....
Posted by
Jeri
Monday, November 3, 2008

0 comments:
Post a Comment