A New Year....

So here we are, about 8 months after Sophia was born, both Jeri and I were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Jeri just went back to work after being on leave for 8 months. I also had the wonderful opportunity to spend about 7 months free of work and spending time with the family. I already miss full days hanging out and interacting with my family. Fortunately, we have wonderful parents that are helping us take care of Sophia while we're at work. We're very thankful of that.

So I'm finally there... it was a rough and tough journey... but I'm finally there... the American dream of owning some sort of property, getting married to a beautiful, loving, caring wife, and having beautiful children with her. I couldn't have done it without my mom's support throught the years as I grew up without a father. Thank you mom!

I have had so many jobs that I lost count. From the creative side of being a 3D artist to the technical side of being a Help Desk Technician I have never had so many encounters with rude, obnoxious, very demanding, spoiled people until I got into I.T. Every morning I start off the day fresh and alive, but by closing time, I feel like I was a human Piñata for the last 9 hours. It's the most indescribable draining feeling I have ever had to deal with. No experience or bad relationship in my entire life has ever made me feel so entirely mentally and physically drained. Yes, that's how much I HATE work. But you know what? It doesn't matter because I have my wonderful family to go to after a long hard day. I look forward to seeing my wife and daughter every day after work which keeps me going throughout the day. My mom's instant messages to me at work throughout the day also helps keep me sane. Family is all that matters to me now. The "STFU" shirt is my favorite. Thanks sweetie, you're the best! I do appreciate the fact that I have a good paying job once again. It pays the bills and helps us save and that's all we need it for.

It's funny how a few years back I wrote a blog on how much I loved work and being a 3D artist. It WAS fun being an artist, but it just took way too much time and effort to create animations and learn all the crazy software that's required in the industry. I.T. is the most stable route to support my family, and I will do anything to make that happen. My goal is to work hard now and for BOTH of us to retire early and enjoy our lives. My digital photo editing website is doing well and WILL take us to the next level.

It's a new year and I'm ready for some positive changes. I am writing here to remind myself... "This Day... Every Day" and "Flower Bridge" I need to keep the negatives out of my life so that I can be the best husband and dad to my family. I want to be healthier so I can be around to see our children grow up and possible get married. I want to grow old with my babbbbaaaat Jeri and have many more years of laughter and fun with her. We have such a great connection it's amazing! I thought I would never find the perfect girl after all the crazy online dating I did. Boy that was a nightmare!

And... so the flurry begins... back to work. It's 9:12am on Thursday and people are starting to roll in and the phone is ringing off the hook again. One more day til the weekend. It was nice to get in early and write this. I think I'll do this more often because it feels so soothing. Maybe I won't need to take an anger management class after all.

0 comments:

About this blog