it's my turn

Since Ray has been bloggin up a storm I figured I'd put in my two cents for the few who read this thing. So as you know giving birth so our beautiful girl Sophia was bittersweet. Such a beautiful moment and I couldn't fully enjoy it due to my massive blood loss. And then to add to that I had to go in for two weeks every two days to meet with lactation specialists because no one helped me while we were still at the frickin hospital with breastfeeding. But after all that is said and done both baby and I are now getting the hang of it (minus the initial pain of her chomping down on me). Every day I look at her and smile, how amazing is it that Ray and I created such a little and beautiful baby!! Ray has been a great dad and husband, doing more than his fair share, helping us all out with taking a late night feeding so I can catch up on some much needed rest. I feel so lucky to have a husband who is so dedicated and wanting to help out. He had some hard nights but now I think he and Sophie have an understanding and hopefully that relationship will continue to grow. My mom has been coming up every week and staying a couple days to help out with cooking and taking care of Sophie. I'm really thankful for her help and her gift of hot meals!


Sophia had her 2-4 week check-up this past Tuesday. I was really nervous about if she had gained or lost and if the doctor told me she had lost I woulda just given up on the whole breastfeeding thing. But thankfully she didn't she actually gained another 6 oz.!! So her stats at the check-up are as follows:

weight: 8lbs.
length: 20.75 in.
head circumference: 36 cm.

so she's moved up in each category and is also now taking a vita D supplement. Who knew that babies also had to take vitamins???

0 comments:

About this blog