Week 5 and still cannot manage to calm Sophia. 2AM and I can't sleep now so I'm writing to cyberspace to calm MYSELF. I fed her at 12 she was done by 12:20. Burped and changed her. She's been crying and fussy since then and won't go to bed.
So Jeri wakes up and walks in to calm her from all the loud ass crying. Of course Sophia is instanly calmed (just like every other time)... I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME.
And it has nothing to do with how I feel at the time. I was not tense. And I am always so happy to be able to feed Sophia whenever I can. She just hates me or my smell or something about me.
What REALLY gets me the MOST is the fact that the waterworks completely STOP when mom walks in. DO YOU KNOW HOW USELESS THAT MAKES ME FEEL??? Seriously... the longer I try to calm her, the more loud and upset she gets. It's getting sooooooooooooooo f'n frustrating for me. It's like why the hell do I even bother since I just end up upsetting her even more. I've just wasted an hour and fourty minutes trying to calm her. *%^&@W#%^*(*&)($%uckkkkkkkkkkkkk!
I'm pissed because I can't enjoy her as a newborn. By the time she lets me hold her, she'll be old enough where she doesn't want to be held by anyone.
Man... I never thought I would feel so useless in my life until now. This sucks monkey _alls.
:|
Soooooooo #!!%$%@#!**$! Frustrated...
Posted by
rwmking888
Sunday, June 28, 2009

2 comments:
Have you tried taking a shower with her? Our newborn care teacher suggested to the dads to do this for bonding...although I was always afraid that the baby would be too slippery - so she told me that we could put a washcloth on the back to give some hold. This way the warm water and the skin to skin contact gets the baby ready for nap/bed. Trav did this and it helped...there will be a time when she will want nothing to do with Jeri and everything to do with you - right now, it may not seem this way, but I can 100% guarantee it. :) You are a good dad - and hang in there...no one loves her like you can! :)
hang in there, Ray! All of the crying spells that Ryan had are why I have so many verses to my song "It's so hard to be a baby" -- and most of them start with "you gotta cry when ---" fill in the blank with whatever.
You're both doing a great job! Things WILL get better by the 4th month (just when you think you're totally going to break!), we swear!
Post a Comment