It's 1:16AM and I'm on night watch again. Everything seems to be leveling out slowly but surely. Sophia is finally above her birth weight after a second week of intense feeding and stool watching. Mannn, it was like watching freggin' the stock market! She went from birth weight 7 pounds 8 ounces down to 6 pounds 8 ounces, back up to 7 pounds 3 ounces, then dropped a few ounces, then shot up to 7 pounds 10 ounces today. That only happened because we supplemented all her meals with an extra ounce or more. Now for the next few days, the lactation specialist said just to feed her normally and see if she can maintain that weight!
Sophia still has her days and nights mixed up where she's so wide awake, sassy, and fussy as hell during the early morning hours.
After week one we left base camp (our living room) and went for the top of the stairs. It's quite a hike up and down those narrow stairs, but I guess it's good exercise for us. So Jeri is finally sleeping better in our comfy bed. I take a night feeding or two to let Jeri get more uninterrupted sleep.
Since I am the night owl, this is the time I take to write or work on the website. I find this very therapeutic to just write and spew out whatever is on my mind. Right now I'm still just so excited that our baby girl is eating and growing already so fast! I can't contain myself from taking too many pictures of her!
Welp, back to work. Still trying to make this a full time website job so I can be the boss and not be taken advantage of by companies that leave their employees SOL. I am trying sooooooo hard not to be very angry with my last company for jacking me out of three weeks pay plus all the vacation I was saving up to take care of Sophia. Not cool.
Normally I'd blow a gasket, flame a bunch of people, and burn many bridges. Then I'd find some way to get them back (light a few cars on fire, etc... j/k)... or not... But that was the OLD Ray... I used to be pretty spiteful to those who took advantage of my good nature. With Jeri and Sophia in my life now, none of that matters anymore. I love being home with my family. They make me so happy that I never want to work again. I know eventually I WILL have to find full time work again. Hopefullly, I can get DigitallyManipulated going full steam!
I still want my PAY, but no sense in wasting my energies on it. Hopefully, karma will bring them to their senses and I will get my money somehow.
Big daddy King out!
Week TWO... daddy night shift
Posted by
rwmking888
Saturday, June 6, 2009

0 comments:
Post a Comment